Friday, July 20, 2007

A Baby's Prayer

One thing that God has shown me in the past 2 months (rather, reinforced in me) is the sanctity of life. I think that alot of times we assume as Christians that we are all pro-life. We never really take the time to figure out what that means. What is life? As I counsel with women, as I see their ultrasounds, I am overwhelmed by how brilliant God is in His creation of life. At 3 weeks, a baby's heart is beating. By 7 weeks, it already has everything it needs in its body. The rest of the time, it is simply developing. I heard this song by Kathy Troccoli a long time ago. It is from the perspective of a baby in the womb that is about to be aborted. I just thought I would share it since we all sometimes need to look at things from a different perspective.

"I can hear her talking with a friend, I think it's all about me
Oh how she can't have a baby now my mommy doesn't see
That I feel her breathe, I know her voice
Her blood, it flows through my heart
God you know my greatest wish is that
We'd never be apart
But if I should die before I wake, I pray her soul you'll keep
Forgive her Lord, she doesn't know, that you gave life to me
Do I really have to say goodbye, don't want this time to be through
Oh please tell her that I love her Lord, and that you love her too
Cause if I should die before I wake, I pray her soul you'll keep
Forgive her Lord, she doesn't know that you gave life to me
On the days when she may think of me, please comfort her with the truth
That the angels hold me safe and sound, cause I'm in Heaven with you
I'm in Heaven with you"
-Kathy Troccoli

No comments: