Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sovereignty

I wrote a facebook note a few days ago that sparked a train of thoughts by both me and other members of the community. The question I posed was "How do we be Jesus to Brownwood?" Probably the most significant comment was the one that challenged me in many ways. I have been extremely excited about the things God is doing in this town, at HPU, in my heart. Pursuing them heartily, I have been doing my best to get people on board with the ideas I and my peers have had. However, someone posed a question: would I be willing to see these things through? What if the 24-7 prayer room doesn't get a building until April? What if it takes more than a year to really see change occur? Would I be willing to stay in town? This completely through me for a loop. How dare anyone interfere with my plans...shame on them. I have planned for a while now on moving to the Metroplex, getting my own pad and a teaching job, etc. What if that is not what God wants? I feel like I am at a crisis of belief. Do I trust God and His sovereignty enough to know that wherever I am, He is in control? To know that He will provide if I trust? Geez...question of the hour. Still processing!
I don't know if anyone reads this, but if you do, grab on tight to what God is doing around you and don't let go. I read a quote in Red Moon Rising that says, "It’s frightening when you blink and discover that you’re in a speeding car but no longer driving. It’s scary to realize that God is moving and you are somehow caught up in something much bigger than you could possibly have known." Hang on and enjoy the ride, and let the Savior of the world take you into a whirlwind surpassing all you have previously known. It's awesome.

No comments: