Sunday, September 7, 2008

Reflections after 2 weeks of "real world"

Tomorrow I will start my 3rd week of teaching. This weekend I have had a rollercoaster of emotions about the whole thing. I honestly have not been this down in a long time. It's not just about the teaching, but I think the combination of everything really got to me. I am living alone, I don't have a church home, my friends are scattered all over the US, and teaching is so much more difficult than I thought. It is an extreme test of my faith. I feel like I am learning a huge lesson of humility. I am just praying that I can rely on God's strength...and not feel like a failure. Not let Satan get me down. I know that, for the time being, I am where God has called me to be. I can't forget that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caty, You can make it. Shandra's first year was a test on both of us. No one understands how hard teaching is. Stay in there, it gets better.

Anonymous said...

You're awesome friend! I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!