Monday, April 20, 2009

When You Say Go

I love Mondays because they are so chill. I work out, come home, shower, eat and just relax until bedtime. I was laying on my bed listening to Celine Dion (shut up, any haters out there) and got the urge to look through my London album from my freshman year of college. As I was looking through some of the pictures, I remembered a bag in my closet that had all of my stuff that wouldn't fit in the album. I found notes of encouragement from my family and my team mates, pictures that my sisters had drawn me, verses I had tried to memorize, ticket stubs, a map of Westminster Abbey, and a whole store of other treasures. I poured over each item, letting the memory accompanying it make its home in the frontal lobes of my brain. I remembered the people we met, the friendships I made, and that feeling that I was right smack dab in the middle of God's will.
However, I confess that this whole trip down Memory Lane is making me wonder when it will be my turn once again to go. I had everything lined up to teach in Prague next year, and if that were still happening I would be leaving in August. Now, I know it was my choice not to go, and I stand by that. I do believe that I heard God very clearly tell me, "Shh. Wait." I know that God has something wonderful in store for me, even though I might not know exactly what that is. But still...I hunger and thirst for the opportunity to travel the world and share the Good News. I know that no matter when this happens, I will meet some adversity from people who want me here, and I believe that this will be mostly out of love. But I am praying that God will use the time I am here to use me in the lives of the people I directly influence: my students, my family, my friends, my co-workers, my neighbors, my church...the list goes on. I realize that God has a purpose for keeping me here right now, and who am I to fight Him?
One of the quotes from a card in my London bag said this: "I yield myself to Him, for He is worthy of the total response of my entire being." I hope that I can live up to this statement. I pray that the nations will be impacted through my life in Arlington, TX. And I know that my God is big enough not only to accomplish this, but to do things that I cannot even fathom. Because He is absolutely in love with His people. Man. Good stuff. :)

No comments: