Friday, June 12, 2009

God's Favorite

I went to Iredell yesterday to see family on my mom's side. I can always count on a story coming out of those visits, sometimes fabulous, sometimes hilarious, sometimes frustrating. Now that I am back, I indeed have a story.

My little brother is "special" in every sense of the word. When he arrived in our home as a foster child, he was about 2 months old and weighed less than 10 pounds. Jonathan was so malnourished he couldn't even suck on a bottle. Now he is a full fledged Davis, is 7 1/2 years old, and I see the repercussions of his babyhood. He is labelled as "developmentally delayed" by doctors, and is just missing a few links to the chain. He can communicate, walk, etc., but just is not your typical 7 year old. However, he is my favorite. (Don't tell the others.)

Yesterday, he had climbed into one of those plastic police cars that toddlers scoot around in and was rolling across the room, skinny white legs flailing about as if screaming "Get us outta here!" Suddenly, he stopped the car in front of me. He got very serious. Jonathan said quietly..."I just want ya'll to believe in God." He got emotional, started sniffing, and began to cry, even through the reassurances of "I do!" "We do!" coming from my family and I. He paused, then continued: "Sometimes I cry when I don't believe, because God believes in us.....I forgive you." I was following until the last part..but he just kept repeating himself over and over. Finally, my mom got him out of the car and began to rock him and sing, which always soothes him.

Most members of my family would smile at this, laugh it out, give a little "Oh, Jonathan..." and move along with their day. But this really hit me, especially the last part..."I forgive you." First of all, I don't think my brother understands the alphabet, let alone forgiveness for disbelief. I am working on a theory that I thought I would share. I have always joked and told people that I think Jonathan is God's favorite (which by the way, I believe). However, I want to venture further than that: I think that my brother talks to God. And hears God talk back.

Jonathan is so tender hearted...a very sweet, sensitive little boy. He repeats everything he hears, just like a parrot. He can't handle people being mad at him, loud voices, etc. So the thought of hurting God's feelings breaks his little heart. So why say "I forgive you"? Maybe because he heard his Daddy say it? Just a thought. I often wonder how this little boy can be so happy in a world that tears apart the individuals who are different. I think it is because his best friend, God, is always there with him. I think that Jonathan grasps friendship with Jesus in a way that I hope to one day attain, but am nowhere close to being. My little brother, God's favorite, inspires me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caty what a beautiful story. We are close to Iredell now so you will have to stop by and see us in old Gustine sometime. I hope things are going well and know we are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

רציתי לחלוק אותכם בחוויה אותו עברתי לאחר הפיגוע בדולפינריום. במהלך שנתיים לאחר הטראומה, הרגשתי רע מאוד, חסרת שמחה, עייפה ומדוכדכת. עם טיפולים רפואיים רגילים לא הצלחתי לעזו לעצמי ולכן פניתי ל- [b][url=http://www.maker.co.il/3_15707/%D7%9E%D7%90%D7%9E%D7%A8/%D7%9B%D7%9C-%D7%94%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%91%D7%93%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%A2%D7%9C-%D7%A0%D7%A4%D7%A9-%D7%94%D7%90%D7%93%D7%9D-%D7%95%D7%A2%D7%99%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%99-%D7%A8%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%90%D7%99-(%D7%9E%D7%A1%D7%90%D7%92%60).html]עיסוי[/url][/b] רפואי אלטרנטיבי. המליצו לי על מעסה מקצועי מ-Spa-Vip.co.il - עיסוי עד הבית, אשר כולל מסאג שוודי משחרר במיוחד אשר עורר לי את החושים תוך טיפול אחד בלבד. השינוי אותו עברתי היה יוצא מן הרגיל, אפילו אחרי טיפול מסאג שוודי ראשוני, השתפר לי המצב הרוח, פיזרתי את השיער ויצאתי מה- [b][url=http://www.academics.co.il/Articles/Article12945.aspx]מסאג[/url][/b]' עם הרבה כוח, מחייכת ומוכנה להמשיך הלאה.

[b][url=http://www.tapuz.co.il/blog/ViewEntry.asp?EntryId=1679344]עיסוי שוודי[/url][/b] הוא עיסוי משולב עם ריח של קטורת, נרות וריח של קטורת. בהתחלת העיסוי יש מגע מפנק מעל המגבת אחרי שחשפנו את הגוף מכף רגל ועד ראש. מריחת שמן חם מכף רגל ועד הראש, לאחר מכן תנועה מלטפת ועדינה מכף רגל ועד ראש ובחזרה. אחרי כמה תנועות עדינות מתחיל הטיפול בצידו השני של הגוף, לאחר התנועות על הצד השני מתחיל שילוב של לחיצות רפואיות מכיוון שהגוף התרגל למגע מפנק ומרגיע ודבר זה גרם לשרירים להרפות מעט... כל זה בטיפול פרטי של [b][url=http://www.academics.co.il/Authors/Author2173.aspx]מעסה[/url][/b] מקצועי עד בית הלקוח!

אני לא האמנתי שדברים כאלו יכולים לקרות עד אשר התענגתי עם מסאז איורוודה ברמה כזאת, המעסה המקצועי אליי הביתה עם מגע כלכך מפנק אשר לא האמנתי שיכול להיות. ממליצה לכל אחד ואחת אשר מעוניינים ב [b][url=http://israblog.nana10.co.il/blogread.asp?blog=682132]מסאז[/url][/b]', עיסוי או סתם פינוק מלטף בחגים על Spa-VIP.co.il.
[img]http://spa-vip.co.il/_images/apixel.gif[/img]

[url=http://spa-vip.co.il/#][img]http://spa-vip.co.il/_images/&%231506%3b&%231497%3b&%231505%3b&%231493%3b&%231497%3b-&%231512%3b&%231508%3b&%231493%3b&%231488%3b&%231497%3b.jpg[/img][/url]