Sunday, February 7, 2010

Teaching, Withdrawing, and a Return to Community

A LOT has happened since my last blog post. I find myself so tired that the thought of blogging makes me exhausted...but if I don't update, I will have WAY too much to process.
A few weeks ago I started a new job. I now am a long term sub for a 3rd grade boy who is emotionally disturbed. ED, meaning that he flies into fits of rage and tries to choke people, knocking down furniture, etc. It's a challenge and leaves me exhausted a lot of the time, but I am learning so much about patience, and am trusting that God has me there for a purpose. I could talk a lot about this, but I really don't feel like spending the last moments of my weekend rehashing the hairy details of my school days.
This job is only part of the reason that I feel as though I've withdrawn from socializing lately. School has been a huge load that is leaving me with no time for fun. I also have not had time to work out, which seriously makes me feel more like crap. I got convicted about this a few weeks ago and am working on digging my way out. Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym, and I'm surrounding myself with positive people.
Tonight I went to a Super Bowl party with some really wonderful people. My weekend was spend with some godly women, and I couldn't have designed a better time than I had. It's so great to just laugh! I didn't realize how much I've missed spending time with friends/making new friends, but yesterday and today was a great reminder that, contrary to what Satan has been telling me, I do matter to people, and I do have meaningful relationships here.
I feel like the wah-wah nature of my blog calls for a lot more elaboration than I am giving, but again, I really don't feel like making someone read the depths of my soul here. I'm always willing to go into detail over dinner or a cup of coffee. :)

Challenge to anyone who reads my blog this week: evaluate your thought life. Are the negative thoughts in your life of you, of God, or of Satan? Don't let the enemy make a home in your head. Tell him to go to hell. Literally.

2 comments:

Simply Sarah said...

I claim coffee rights. Sometime, some way, some how, in the near future.

Dr. Jay Smith said...

Let it out friend, let it out!