Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Song of Questions

I had a Harry Potter-esque moment today during class. As I was grading papers, my "scar" of writing urge started to "tingle". I had to wait until the bell rang, all the while, the tingling turning into a burning, until finally I broke open my journal and wrote this song down. It honestly might be terrible...but I had to write it.

Verse 1:
Don't want to feel
Don't want to listen
Don't want to cry
Don't want to pitch in
Don't want to pray
Is that okay?
Do You still love me?

Can't understand
Can't sing Your praises
Can't figure out
Can't seem to escape this
Can't smile today
Is that okay?
Do You still love me?

Chorus:
You will, and You can
and You have a plan for me
You were, and You are
all that You said You would be
You say trust You, and know
that You won't let me go
Cause You were, You are, I AM

Verse 2:
Just want to breathe
Just want to break through
Just want to laugh
Just want to hear You
Just want one day
To know I'm okay
And feel that You love me

Might have to try
Might need to trust You
Might have to speak
Might try to make do
Might see through the grey
Find out I'm okay
And know that You love me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't you just love those HP moments you can call your own?!