Wednesday, April 16, 2008

los cosas favoritas

Yesterday I was asked what my favorite book was. Then my favorite movie. I could not answer! I really need to figure this out so that I will be prepared from now on.

Top 10 Favorite Books:

*1. Harry Potter Series (I am not going to count this in the list because it's not fair to the other books...so I am going to put another number one)

1. Memoirs of a Geisha- Arthur Golden
2. Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
3. Their Eyes Were Watching God- Zora Neale Hurston
4. The Other Boleyn Girl- Philippa Gregory
5. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe- C.S. Lewis
6. My Sister's Keeper- Jodi Piccoult
7. The Secret Life of Bees- Sue Monk Kidd
8. Matilda- Roald Dahl
9. Little Women- Louisa May Alcott
10. The Scarlet Letter- Nathaniel Hawthorne

Favorite Poems

1. "Psalm III"- Allen Ginsberg
2. "Renaissance" - Edna St. Vincent Millay
3. "Room of My Life"- Anne Sexton
4. "Theme for English B"- Langston Hughes
5. "Tinturn Abbey"- William Wordsworth
6. "cambridge ladies who live in furnished souls"- e.e. cummings
7. "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"- T.S. Eliot
8. "Tulips"- Sylvia Plath
9. "Surprised by Joy"- William Wordsworth
10. "l(a"- e.e. cummings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your top 10 of both! Especially that Anne Sexton poem. And Tinturn Abbey is one of my favorite poems ever, too. I always think about it when I think of special places me and Justin have gone. One day I want to go to the real Tinturn Abby and have a moment like William had with his sister. ♥