Monday, December 8, 2008

Post #2 of the morning.

Today the blogging that is going on is part of my quiet time; I need to process before I start my week, and writing in my journal is just too slow.
I would like to pose the question, "How does one shift the desire for intimacy with God from something you know you should want to something you truly yearn for?"
This is something I am constantly yo-yoing back and forth from. At the beginning of the school year, I can honestly say I was starving for more and more of God. Devouring His word like it was Thanksgiving dinner. On my knees every day asking Him to reveal Himself to me and to draw me closer to Him.
But, as the pattern goes, this has become less and less. The more I feel like I can handle my job, the less I desire God. I know that this is off, and when I pray I ask God to rekindle that desire within me. My biggest struggle is that I feel like I am lying when I worship during this season. Is it wrong to lift my hands and sing "How Great is our God" when I am not necessarily praising Him throughout my day?
Anyways, I need to go to school. Just wanted to throw that out there.

No comments: