Monday, September 14, 2009

A Cluttered House Equals a Cluttered Mind

Taking a break from the bio for a moment. I have so much school to do that digging into my life isn't something I can do off the cuff. So, yeah. lol.

Anyone who has been inside of any home I have dwelled in knows that I am NOT a neat freak. I go through stages, the best being mild clutter to the worse, meaning "Does a human live in here???" My mess is NEVER unsanitary, mind you...it's just clutter explosion!

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a website of a woman called the Fly Lady. She gives you simple steps to declutter your life, starting with your kitchen sink and spreading throughout your house. This works for me, because I can't do marathon cleaning sessions. I do 15 minutes at a time before my attention is taken by something/someone else. But I cleaned my apartment, and felt really good about life.

Then.....

1) Couldn't find a job. 2) School was requiring more books, more time, more brain than I possess. 3) Early morning workouts involved early bedtimes plus naps. 4) This weekend got a throat infection.

This morning, I took a good look around...and felt like I couldn't breathe! There is junk EVERYWHERE!!! And when it gets like that, it takes everything for me not to just walk away from it. Ask the roommate...one of our many differences. What I have come to realize is that, just as my outward appearance reflects my state of mind, so does my mess! The two are most definitely intertwined. When I am trusting in God to take care of me, when I am optimistic and feeling good about life, things stay clean. When I am freaking out and stressed beyond all comprehension, my desk and laundry basket explode and bury me under them. I am tired of it! :)

The point of all of this, is that there are two possibilities here: I control the mess, or it controls me. If I want to help give my attitude a push in the right direction, then it's time to clean up the crap. Bottom line. No matter how much it is stressing me out. So, that is what I am going to do when I push "Publish": Set the timer for 15 minutes and clean like crazy!!!

Ready....Go!

No comments: