Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Money, money, money

I should really be reading during my lunch break, but before I start I just need to process. A lot has happened in my brain in the past 48 hours, and I am trying to discern what is my PANIC button and what is God getting my attention. I just started my new job at 24 Fitness about 3 weeks ago. I like a lot of it, but sales requires a ruthlessness that I do not possess...for instance, I got chewed out the other day for not taking advantage of an old lady who can barely do the treadmill and sell her training sessions. I can't do that...also, as a sales person I am not allowed to be an instructor (company policy). Finally, I found out yesterday that I will be making around....$800 a month. Period.
So, I can't survive on that amount. I was a teacher last year, which means that I have big girl bills, none of which I can just cut bc I have a roommate. Rent, gas, groceries, electric, phone, internet...adds up to way more than that. Not to mention my lack of insurance. I am now back at the same place, wondering what the heck I need to be doing with my life.
I do miss parts of teaching. I miss a lot of my kids. It was suggested to me that I go back to teaching, and try a different age group. Just as a sub, I will make way more money. But, I am scared! What if I do it and it's the same? I am tired of feeling like a flaky quitter. I want to do something I am good at and am passionate about. I am trying not to overanalyze but it's just freaking me out. I just want to honor God with my decision and refute the worry that is quickly infiltrating my heart. I would really appreciate any feedback or opinions.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

1) I am sure you have heard but Josh went to be with the Lord on Monday at about 6:30 pm. We are all sad but rejoicing that he no longer will sin or suffer. When i think about it that way.. I am so excited that Josh is before the face of Christ. It even makes me excited to get there.
2)Turbo sounds like fun and I think Em and I would like to try it... where can I find it?
3) Stacy's outfit must have been pretty wild because yours looks amazing.

We hope to see you soon!